However, try to avoid exposure to cleaning products containing: Glycol ethers. These are toxic substances found in household cleaning products like oven cleaners and have been associated with miscarriage, decreased male fertility, and birth defects.
Can inhaling chemicals cause miscarriage?
If you inhale (breathe in) solvents, you risk liver, kidney and brain damage and even death. During pregnancy, exposure to (coming in contact with) solvents, especially if you work with them, may cause problems for you and your baby, including: Miscarriage.
What chemicals can cause a miscarriage?
Chemical Agents Associated With Miscarriage
- Heavy metals (industrial workers, dental assistants)
- Organic solvents (laboratory, industrial, and dry cleaning workers)
- Tetrachloroethylene (dry cleaning workers)
- Glycol ethers (semiconductor employees)
- 2-Bromopropane (electronics industry)
Can cleaning chemicals harm fetus?
Bleach, oven cleaners, and other cleaning agents can harm an unborn baby. You should limit your use of these chemicals and take protective measures when you use them. Until your baby is born, you might want to consider having someone else takeover any house cleaning that requires toxic substances.
What cleaning chemicals should I avoid while pregnant?
Avoid spray and aerosol cleaners when possible.
Ingredients that were found to be especially problematic included alcohol, ammonia, chlorine, glycol and glycol-ethylene, sodium hydroxide (caustic soda), acrylic polymers, and terpenes. The increased risk of asthma was not found when cleaners weren’t sprayed.
What chemicals should I avoid during pregnancy?
Parabens: Keep away from propyl, butyl, isopropyl, isobutyl and methyl parabens. Phthalates: Found in products with synthetic fragrances and nail polishes; avoid diethyl and dibutyl especially. Retinol: Vitamin A, retinoic acid, retinyl palmitate, retinaldehyde, adapalene, tretinoin, tazarotene and isotretinoin.
What weeks are the highest risk for miscarriage?
March of Dimes reports a miscarriage rate of only 1 to 5 percent in the second trimester.
- Weeks 0 to 6. These early weeks mark the highest risk of miscarriage. A woman can have a miscarriage in the first week or two without realizing she’s pregnant. …
- Weeks 6 to 12.
- Weeks 13 to 20. By week 12, the risk may fall to 5 percent.
Which painkiller can cause miscarriage?
Nonaspirin NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, when taken during the early stages of pregnancy, can increase the risk of miscarriage. Scientists from the University of Montreal found that women who took these medications while pregnant were 2.4 times more likely to miscarry.
How can I clean my private part during pregnancy?
How Can I Keep My Vagina Clean During Pregnancy?
- Do use a plain unperfumed intimate wash for the vulva or the outer part of the vaginal region.
- Don’t use a vaginal douche(where water is flushed up the vagina), this can flush out the good bacteria and might actually raise the risk of an infection.
What cleaning products are safe during pregnancy?
The Best Home Cleaning Products to Use During Pregnancy
- Best Dishwasher Detergent : Seventh Generation Fragrance Free Dishwasher Detergent Packs.
- Best Toilet Bowl Cleaner : GO by Greenshield Organic Toilet Bowl Cleaner.
- Best Wood Cleaner : Truce Wood Cleaner.
- Best Cleaning Wipes : Babyganics All Purpose Surface Wipes.
Is cleaning with Windex safe during pregnancy?
On the whole, it’s safe to use cleaning products during pregnancy, as long as you take a few precautions. There isn’t a great deal known about the effects of commonly used cleaning products, so it’s best to take extra care when cleaning during pregnancy.