Is lotion safe for newborns?
Using Lotion on Newborns
Using a moisturizing lotion on your newborn is okay and safe to use in place of baby oil unless otherwise directed by your pediatrician. Do keep in mind the type of lotion that you’re using. Use a lotion that has been formulated with a baby’s sensitive nature in mind.
How often should you lotion a newborn?
Three times a week might be enough until your baby becomes more mobile. Bathing your baby too much can dry out his or her skin.
How can I make my baby skin fair?
3. Follow best practices for bathing
- hold your baby securely and never leave them unattended.
- use water that’s lukewarm, not hot.
- perform the bath in a warm room.
- keep baths short, between 5 and 10 minutes.
- wash your baby’s eyes and face with water only.
Is Vaseline good for newborn skin?
It is gentle on sensitive baby skin. Because of its pure and gentle formula, Vaseline Baby can be used as a daily baby moisturizer to treat dry patches on your baby’s face and body, not just their diaper area.