What should I ask my Obgyn at my first visit?
Starting with your first prenatal visit, you’ll want to go over these all-important questions with your doctor.
- What over-the-counter medications are safe?
- What about prescription meds that I might take?
- Do I need to change my beauty routine?
- How much weight should I gain?
- What should I eat and avoid eating?
What questions do they ask at first prenatal visit?
Possible questions to ask your provider during your prenatal appointment:
- Is there a nurse line that I can call if I have questions?
- If I experience bleeding or cramping, do I call you or your nurse?
- What do you consider an emergency?
- Will I need to change my habits regarding sex, exercise, nutrition?
What do they look for in an OB GYN when pregnant?
How to find an OB-GYN: insider tips for choosing a good match
- Know who’s in your network. …
- Ask for a recommendation from friends or family you trust. …
- Think about your own personality and communication style. …
- Check their history, location and specialty. …
- Know that your decision isn’t final. …
- Read reviews.
What questions should I ask my OB?
General questions for obstetricians or midwives during pregnancy. When is my baby due? How often do I need to see you during my pregnancy ? Will I have scans throughout my pregnancy?
What happens at your first Obgyn appointment?
The Appointment And Exam
Most doctors do a general physical exam of your height, weight, and blood pressure. They might additionally ask for a blood or urine sample. If you’re under 21, you most likely won’t have a pelvic exam or Pap smear during your first visit.
What should I wear to an OB appointment?
About OB Visit Exams
You might be asked to take off your clothes and wear a special robe or gown. A nurse will probably be present in the room during the exams. You can ask for a friend or relative to be with you, too. Girls often bring their mother with them, sometimes to hold hands with, during the exam, Trent says.
What happens at your first Obgyn appointment if your not pregnant?
We’ll give you a general physical exam. This means we’ll check your blood pressure, your heart rate, your weight and we may need to take some blood for a blood test. This will help us see if you have diseases such as prediabetes. If you are having sex, we may give you a test for sexually transmitted infections.
How do I calm down before my first prenatal visit?
How to Deal With First Trimester Fears During Pregnancy
- Talk about your pregnancy. …
- Stop over-analyzing your symptoms. …
- Stay away from Google. …
- Ask your doctor about early monitoring. …
- Get your zen on. …
- Know the rules. …
- Stay busy. …
- Listen to your body.
Do you need OB-GYN when pregnant?
Even if a home pregnancy test confirms you’re pregnant, you still need to make an appointment with an Ob/Gyn. The American Pregnancy Association recommends you make an appointment with your doctor for your first prenatal visit within eight weeks of your last menstrual period (LMP).
Do you need an ob/gyn during pregnancy?
Obstetricians only care for women during pregnancy and just after the baby is born. Gynecologists, on the other hand, focus on women’s reproductive health overall. But an OB-GYN is trained in both obstetrics and gynecology, though some doctors choose to practice exclusively in one area.
When should you see OB-GYN when pregnant?
The first antenatal appointment
It’s best to make your first antenatal appointment when you are about 6 to 8 weeks pregnant. This appointment can be with a midwife, your GP or at a clinic or hospital. At this appointment, the doctor or midwife will confirm that you are pregnant.